Wednesday, September 17, 2008

A Baby Accordion Album





For a while I've been meaning to try to make an accordion album, but it never happened as there have always been other paper crafts that 'prevent' me for making one. You know, when you have so many ideas that you want to try out, you tend to make one over and over again with a little tweak here and there and somehow the other thing on your must-to-try-out-list is kind of slip away.

According to Chinese calendar, last Sunday was my mom-in-law's birthday. That morning my husband informed me that we're going out for dinner that night to celebrate her birthday. A birthday card, is that suffice? I could not get out to buy her present. It's too last minute.

I then had a great idea. An album of Ethan, her first grandchild, will put a smile in her face. But I don't have an album to start with, plus to fill a whole album will take more than a day. So, an accordion album came to mind. And here it is:

I only had hours to finish it. Stressful? Yes, somewhat. I was happy with the result though I probably could do better if I have more time. But to see my mom-in-law's smile when she opened the album...PRICELESS. I'm sure it made her day.

Funny thing, the next morning, she told me that my dad-in-law wanted to borrow the album to show it off at his workplace. She said no and asked him to get one from me. Eekk! That will have to wait. I'm still working on Ethan's scrapbook album(s) on top of christmas cards that I have make and list real soon at my AdoreByNat store.

No comments:

Post a Comment