Thursday, October 16, 2008

A View from a Balcony

I spend almost of my days staying in the house. By the house, I mean my in-laws' house. Since leaving Canada, we haven't really have our own place yet. I can't wait to have our own place where a family routine is in placed.

While my hubby goes helping his dad in their family business, my baby (and the nanny), Mocha and I spend most of our times in our bedroom which sometimes can be boring. We can do almost all activities in this bedroom. We have our own bathroom, TV, DVD player, Laptop, Ethan's toys, and my little crafty area. We go down for meal times (though we bring our food up occasionally) and some playing times with grandparents.

This afternoon, while our bedroom was being cleaned, I brought Ethan to the front balcony for a change. I cannot recall if we ever went there before. It was breezy so we actually enjoyed hanging around for awhile. Ethan observed his surrounding while eating his green bean soup. Here are some pictures that I snapped:

The kind of trucks we have in Indonesia.


A public transportation knowns as 'Angkot' or 'Bemo'.

Mocha and 'Becak'. Becak is a cycle rickshaw where the driver sits behind the passenger seat. Typically, becak is used for transporting passengers, but lately I've seen them used for transporting goods.


Suddenly, I saw this brave cat trying to cross the street. Don't worry! He made it safely.

A street vendor of meatball noodle soup. If you don't have a strong stomach, I don't recommend you to try it out. Click here for more pictures of Indonesian street vendors.

It's surely had Ethan's attention as the bell that he rang made quite a noise. Reminds him of his toys, maybe?

This may seem to be a normal day-to-day kind of life in Indonesia, but when I come to think of it, they become an interesting comparison to life in Canada.

2 comments:

  1. They're an interesting comparison to live in the US as well! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How interesting! And what a beautiful baby!! I hope you can get your own place soon.

    ReplyDelete