Wednesday, December 24, 2008

It's My Birthday!

Yesterday was my birthday! Yes, it falls on a Christmas Eve.

The day started with a nice family lunch at TP Mall, continued with delicious oriental dessert treats such as Mango Pudding and Tofu Pudding in Black Sesame Soup to name a few. Ethan loved that black sesame soup, can't you tell?

When we got home in the afternoon, a delicious chocolate cake was awaiting for me. My good friend came by with the cake wanting to give me a surprise. Unfortunately, we were not home. So sorry I missed her.

In the evening, my hubby and I went for a nice dinner at La Rucola, a Ristorante Italiano. We heard so much about this place and would like to try it out. It has been a while that we haven't gone out just the two of us, enjoying each other's company. So, we ordered a bottle of white wine and as the appetizer, we ordered fresh oysters.

The entrees and dessert were exceptional. Everything, from the food to the atmostphere were great. It feels like the old times just like when we were in Vancouver. For a few hours, we were brought back to a Western culture. When I took the picture below I also caught the owner in action, making sure things were in order :-)

3 comments:

  1. Happy birthday and Happy Christmas :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday....!!! and happy holiday..thanks for the card..it's suprise me well ....

    best'
    VinK

    ReplyDelete