Friday, January 15, 2010

Saturday Artisan: 1000roads

Meet this week Saturday Artisan: Vichuta, the artist behind 1000roads and Littletwinklestar.


Tell us a bit about yourself and what arts/ crafts that you make?

I went to school in France and graduated with bachelor degree in drama. I worked as creative group head in many international advertising agencies such as Saatchi and Saatchi , Mckann Erickson , DDB Needham etc. in Thailand. After 10 years in Madman world, I've started my own business with bead jewelry then scarf, cushion cover and fabric bag. My work has been featured in several magazines such as Living ETC (UK edition), Marie-Claire Maison ( French edition), Elle Deco (German and Thai edition), Sawasdee, the in flight magazine for Thai Airways , and Crea (Japanese magazine).

What inspires you?

I love shopping at flea market where I get ideas and materials. I love travel too. I always get inspirations from my trip. I name my shop 1000roads because I use materials from around the world. I've just have my first baby girl. I love to make hair clip and headband for her. That’s why I come up with a new shop, Littletwinklestar


What is your favorite item in your shop?

My favorite item is season of color, a hemp cushion with pompom which has been featured on Living Etc cover. I try to sell this item at Etsy but no one buys it!


What is your best seller?

My best seller in Etsy is My Blossom in winter scarf. It is made of silk velvet.


Do you have a favorite Etsy seller?

I have many Etsy favorite shops. There are around 120 shops! I love to see fresh ideas from Etsy designers.


What is your favorite tool that you cannot live without?

I don't have favorite tool but I can't work without plier. I'm more to materials. I have lots of materials!

How do you promote your shop?

I promote my shop at showcase and forum. I want to promote more but I don't know which media is really effective and inexpensive.

Just like my last two awesome featured artists, Vichuta is sponsoring a giveaway. Stay-tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment