Saturday, January 30, 2010

Saturday Artisan: thefrogbag

Another great artist that I'd like to introduce you: Corinna, the artist behind thefrogbag.

Tell us a bit about yourself and what arts/ crafts that you make?
I'm a zoo keeper by day, crafter and writer by night. I have a passion for tapir conservation, frogs, and beads. I think that's reflected quite a bit in my shop; I tend to work lots of animals into my jewelry, needle and bead work, and especially cat toys. My first graphic novel, Heathentown, was published by Image Comics earlier this year, which made me insanely happy.

What is your favorite item in your shop?
I think my favorite item is the Glamorous Felt Sea Anemone Soft Sculpture.
I'm just really happy with how the colors turned out, and the fact that it is up-cycled!


What is your best seller?

Currently, I think my nudibranch cat toys are my best sellers; cat toys in general seem to be popular. It really makes my day when I get feedback from someone saying that their cat has gone crazy for one of my little felt critters!


Do you have a favorite Etsy seller?
I have lots of favorite etsy sellers! Of course, my husband Gabriel Hardman's shop is wonderful. I'm also a big vintage fan, so I adore Calloocallay's shop.

During this recession time, tell us one thing that you do to save money?
Well, one thing we've been doing to save money is not buying fancy coffee at Starbucks and Coffee Bean so much anymore! At first that was a hard adjustment, but now I really like the ritual of brewing a cup of strong coffee and taking it into the studio with me. Less time in line getting coffee means more time to create!

Anything else you want to share?
I donate a percentage of every sale to the Tapir Preservation Fund, a nonprofit that works to preserve tapirs and their rainforest home.

Thefrogbag has so many great and unique arts/ carfts at her shop. Have a cup of tea, sit down and enjoy browsing her shop.

2 comments:

  1. Great shop with really fun and unique things! And how often do you get to see a picture of an artist with a monkey on her shoulder? How cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great article! Love the picture of Corrina with her little friend! Adorable! How lucky is she?!! Love her shop as well! Now I know where can go to find cute and unique toys for my spoiled kitty girls! :)

    ReplyDelete