Saturday, June 25, 2011

Saturday Artisan: Soozie's Cutie Patooties

Our Saturday Artisan this week is Susan of Soozie's Cutie Patooties (how cute her shop name is!!). I LOVE everything in her shop and amazed by her crochet works. Simply beautiful!. I love the colors that she uses too, vibrant and soft perfectly chosen. Learn a bit more about here through the interview below and stay-tuned for tomorrow's giveaway. 


Tell us a bit about yourself and what arts/ crafts that you make? 
My name is Susan and I'm a nursing student. I recently moved to Chattanooga, TN and am completely baffled by the weather. As a native Floridian I'm used to hot and humid with afternoon rains, not hot today and cold tomorrow. Most of the items that I make are done with crochet, which I've been doing for about 15 years. I'm still teaching myself how to knit and expanding on my jewelry making skills (I want a soldering iron for my birthday!). Every item that I make gives me ideas that I want to try for something new, so there's always a mix of items in my shop.

For us who love to travel, could you share a bit about your beautiful town/ city?
I've only been in Chattanooga for a year and I haven't even begun to explore all of the amazing things to see and do here. When my Dad was visiting we went to Point Park on Lookout Mountain and caught this beautiful view of the Tennessee River and downtown Chattanooga. There are so many outdoor and nature activities in and around the city. The caverns at Raccoon Mountain are spectacular and panning for gold and gems is a great treasure hunt. The new parks and trails just outside the Volkswagen facility provide something for every level of hiker and biker (although we only did the easy one). Plus there are so many great places to eat!


How do you promote your shop? I have a Facebook Fan Page, where you get the first look at everything that I make. I also use to Twitter, where you can keep up with new listings, promotions, and what I'm working on. I also have a blog, where I share different things I find or places that I go, feature other artists and shops, and post tutorials. 


Could you share on how your organize your products, we all can use a little tips here and there in this department? 
I'm still working on a system that really works for me. Right now I have all of my yarns in baskets and bins. There's a self for fabric, another for blankets and afghans that still need to be completed, and a basket of the four or five projects I'm working on right now. I have one bin for everything that's been finished but still needs to be photographed and several plastic containers of everything that has been listed in my shop. It's not the perfect form of organization that I have in mind but it's much better than what I had going on before (a complete mess!).



What is your favourite tool that you cannot live without? I think if you took my size G hook away from me I wouldn't know what to do. It seems that just about everything I make uses that one!

Psst! Get 25% off by using ADOREBYNAT coupon when you shop at Soozie's Cutie Patooties.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for creating such a great feature! I created a special coupon for your fans. Get 25% by using ADOREBYNAT when checking out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing interview! I adore this artist and I would love to see more Afghans and Blankets in her shop!

    ksyshenka(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your website! I was wondering if you had tutorials, and then I saw the "Tutorial" tab! Adding headbands to your etsy site would be lovely!
    my_shootingstar@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete